Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Just the tip

I remember my first time like it was this afternoon. It was clearly before I started drinking.

I'd met the girl on Sunday. At church.

By Tuesday we were parked in her dad's Jeep naked. But, we were both virgins, so I was still fairly new at everything, and didn't get up the nerve to stick it in her.

It so happened that my parents were going to be away, and I'd have the house to myself for a few days the following weekend. So, I invited her over and let her know it'd just be us two.

The next few days leading up to the weekend were a blur. I couldn't think about anything else.

She came over in the evenings, and we would try to sneak away to make out. My dad would always find us and tell us that we weren't allowed in a room by ourselves.

He's such a cock block.

As soon as the weekend came, and they pulled out of the driveway, I called her and told her to come over. I was super nervous, but I had a plan. I'd found some decent skin cream, and told her I wanted to give her a massage.

I know. Super cheesy. But it worked, dammit.

I ended up on my knees, upright, with her legs around me, both of us naked on the floor. I put the tip in a tiny bit and looked at her.

She gave me a nod.

We fucked.

It was awesome. It went on forever. We moved from the floor to the couch, from the couch to the bed, from the bed back to the floor. We did it doggy style, standing, cowgirl, couch cowgirl, missionary, any position I could think of I could remember seeing in any form of porn.

After, we just collapsed in exhaustion. She asked me if I was sure I'd never done that before.

It would be nice if the story ended there.

But, you know me. I always have terrible, terrible luck.

A couple weeks later, she told me she needed to come see me at work.

I thought she wanted to bring me lunch at my shitty summer job.

Nope.

She had taken a pregnancy test, and it was positive.

You know that feeling you get just before you jump off the high dive platform for the first time?

Panic.

I don't remember anything else that happened the rest of the day. I just remember sitting at a desk listening to the ringing in my ears.

My parents were right. I had destroyed my life. By having sex ONE TIME.

I was totally fucked.

But, I had apparently done something right in the universe, and karma decided that this would be a good time to utilize the 2% error rate on the pregnancy tests.

She called me a few nights later from work, "I got it! I'm not pregnant! Oh my god, please tell me you didn't tell your parents, yet!"

I hadn't even figured out how to start that conversation yet. So, luckily, I hadn't told anyone about it.

What an incredible feeling of relief. And freedom.

I swore to myself I'd never make that mistake again.

We celebrated by parking in my dad's car, and fucking each other senseless in the back seat.

Seemed appropriate.